Thursday, September 1, 2011

Selecting Bifold Closet Doors For Your Home

My husband and I recently purchased a very run down, Victorian style house. It's previous owners had altered the internal design of the house, several times over. The ceilings were brought down to a height of 8 feet as opposed to 12 feet and much of the hardwood in the floors and trim was badly beaten. It was clear that we had a lot of work to do and we were going to need to consider the use of Bifold closet doors for some of the rooms.

white sliding closet doors

I do like a Victorian design, but I like to brighten things up a bit in these kinds of homes. I want to maintain the architectural integrity, but I also want for it to feel livable and less weighty, if you know what I mean. I thought that Bifold closet doors would serve this purpose so long as we found someone to make them to individual specifications.I was able to find just the company and we have collaborated over the years on some interesting designs.

SLIDING CLOSET DOORS

Given that all of the molding and floors were of hardwood, we kept to this design, and had our doors made of the same wood. I wanted to break things up a bit so I had the company make the doors with stained glass panels. They turned out beautifully and the strength of the wood made it all possible. We simply stayed within the weight specifications per section of stained glass. We now have some of the most gorgeous Bifold closet doors that anyone has seen.

Working on the renovations to this house has been a fairly humbling experience for our family. There is so much intrinsic beauty in the original architecture. We want to enhance it, without taking away from it. This can be very difficult and we have had several false starts along the way. Fortunately, none of these were related to the individually, designed Bifold closet doors we used in the house.

The company we chose to assist us in our long-term project, was delightful, to say the least. It's nice to work with people who appreciate creative design and it's applications. I believe that the old Victorian house is now a welcoming home!

Selecting Bifold Closet Doors For Your Home

Simon Harris writes about Bifold Closet Doors at http://www.closetreviews.com

SLIDING CLOSET DOORS

0 comments:

Post a Comment