Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Portable Closet Unit Can Help Solve Storage Space Issues

Last year, I purchased a lovely home. It is an old, New England structure. The rooms are large and the closets were designed by someone who owned three different outfits at one time! When I was a little girl, my parents rented a house that had these same unique structures. As my feet grew and so, the size of my shoes, I had to stick my shoes under the bed because the depth of the closet was too narrow. That was all fine and good as a child, but not now. I have way too much clothes and too many pair of shoes for this arrangement to be functional. In time, I will have new closets built but right now, funds are at a premium and I need another solution, even though it will be temporary. A friend told me about Portable closet units that could be found at any hardware store or large chain stores.

sliding closet doors

It became clear to me that the only useful strategy would be to use one of the extra rooms in my house as a place to store my clothing and accessories. I took the needed measurements of the room and brought them with me to the hardware store. I found some design ideas that would incorporate Portable closet units as part of a larger plan. These larger units included drawer space, shoe racks, organizing tubs, etc... This seemed the best and most comprehensive approach to my problem.

SLIDING CLOSET DOORS

The structural framework was made of heavy metal wire which had been coated in some form of vinyl. This resulted in a very sturdy structure and one that could bear a great deal of weight. For extra security, I decided to secure the metal structure to the wall studs. I figure that it's better to be safe than sorry. Having a Portable closet has worked out well for me. It has worked out so well that I am going to have an actual closet built around the dimensions of the one I have already set up, in the guest room. If this turns out as well as expected, then I will focus on having one built in my bedroom for next year. Sometimes, the best way to go about something is backwards!

A Portable Closet Unit Can Help Solve Storage Space Issues

Simon Harris writes about Portable Closets at http://www.closetreviews.com

SLIDING CLOSET DOORS

0 comments:

Post a Comment