Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hide and Seek Behind Sliding Closet Doors

As a young child, I learned that the upstairs' closet could make quite the hiding place. When in one of my more adventurous states, I would open the closet door and close it behind me, almost all of the way. I would wait for an unsuspecting passerby, then jump out behind them while screaming ! Apparently, I was responsible for the "near heart attack" of many family members. I was so delighted ! Fortunately, I had great parents who took this all in stride and assured me that I would grow up "protected". Laughter. As years passed, and I became a parent, I opted out of traditional doors for my home and used Sliding closet doors in their stead.

bypass sliding closet doors for bedrooms

One thing I like about this type of door covering is the variety of styles they come in. The Sliding closet doors that are faced with mirrors are just lovely. They reflect the sunshine that comes in to the bedroom and it has such a glorious effect in the room. There is sun everywhere, being reflected and refracted all at the same time. Also, I love the ease in moving these doors so that I can get in to the closet. This matters because I developed arthritis a few years ago and the simplest of things became obstacles for me. There were going to be enough battles for me to overcome in the years ahead, ones that I would not be able to control so easily as selecting the type of closet doors I have in my home.

SLIDING CLOSET DOORS FOR BEDROOMS

These style of doors allow for a great deal of creative use. The basement area of our home is a full basement with 8 foot ceilings. Fortunately, it is dry year round and there are eight windows built in to the foundation walls. My husband and I have spoken about converting the basement for use as a Day Spa. We could have Shoji Sliding closet doors installed in recessed runners. This way, artificial walls could be created of varying dimensions, based on the particular needs of clientele. Some of these doors are made of special linens and others are made of very thin, opaque glass which allows in, the "glow of light" but nothing else. All of this is still in the planning stages, but at least I won't be jumping back from the screams of some little creature as I pass by my closet doors. Gees ! Too Bad !

Hide and Seek Behind Sliding Closet Doors

Simon Harris writes about Sliding Closet Doors at http://www.closetreviews.com

SLIDING CLOSET DOORS FOR BEDROOMS

0 comments:

Post a Comment